DPA 4080-BM miniature cardioid lavalier microphone
The 4080 Cardioid Lavalier captures the human voice with an unusually high degree of definition. This mic offers maximum side rejection and excellent sonic focus on the subject. It is designed for broadcast, conference and other live performances both in the studio and in the field.It is acoustically pre-equalized, offering a 4 dB presence boost, which matches the mic’s chest placement perfectly. This makes the voice more distinguishable and improves speech intelligibility. Professionals will appreciate that it is lightweight and offers excellent speech reproduction.
This mic is delivered with a pre-mounted black pop filter in a holder with an integrated shock mount, fixed on a clip. An additional white pop filter is also included. Because of the flexible and practical mounting solution, the mic can easily be turned in all directions so it fits both left- and right-buttoned shirts.
Flexible adapter system
All of DPA’s microphones can be configured to run easily and effortlessly with a wireless system. We use a unique MicroDot termination on our microphones together with a changeable adapter to ensure secure configuration. All of the adapters we use are original, developed and manufactured by the wireless system brand you use. This ensures that your mic will work consistently with no connection trouble to your system.
The adapters for wireless systems give you flexible, simple and affordable possibilities. You are no longer bound to one wireless system. As circumstances change, you can just switch your adapter, instead of incurring the cost of a new microphone. When you make the switch, you won't hear any loss or change in sound quality.
Using an adapter for wireless, our microphones with MicroDot termination are compatible with the professional wireless systems listed below. Many of these brands have several model numbers. To ensure compatibility you should find your particular model number, which in most cases can be found on the transmitter. Other configurations are possible; however, DPA Microphones cannot guarantee full compatibility in these cases.
Wireless brands we work with: Sennheiser, Shure, Sony, Wisycom, Lectrosonics , Zaxcom and many more.
If you prefer to run via a wired system, all of our mics are available with an XLR connector.
- Directional pattern Cardioid
- Principle of operation Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ±2 dB 250 Hz - 17 kHz with typ. 4 dB soft boost at 4 - 6 kHz (-5 dB at 100 Hz)
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz 20 mV/Pa; -34 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted Typ. 23 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 26 dB(A))
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL) Typ. 71 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD) < 1% up to 123 dB SPL peak, < 1% up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range Typ. 100 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping 134 dB
- Output impedance 30 - 40 Ω
- Cable drive capability Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply (for full performance) Min. 5 V - max. 50 V through DPA adapter for wireless systems or 48 V phantom power ±4 V with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Connector MicroDot
- Color Black
- Weight 15 g (0.5 oz) incl. Cable and MicroDot connector
- Microphone diameter 10 mm (0.4 in)
- Capsule diameter 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
- Microphone length 30 mm (1.2 in)
- Cable length 1.2 m (3.9 ft)
- Cable color Black
- Cable diameter 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Polarity Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
- Temperature range -40°C to 45°C (-40°F to 113°F)
- Relative humidity (RH) Up to 90%