Ambient QP120 slide-on extension for QS or QP4140 - 1.50m
Less segments for extra control
We reduced the number of segments to four to add stiffness and better balance with the long lengths of the QP range. This provides the extra control in situations where a long, extended pole is required.
The extraordinary rigidity allows a boom operator to swing and point the microphone with great precision as the boom bounce is minimized preventing the microphone from dipping into the frame.
More comfort thanks to internal cabling.
Internal cabling is a disputed subject within the sound community. While the pre-cabled booms offer added convenience, they are, of course, more vulnerable to rattle noise. This is why Ambient provides the choice to the individual professional by offering the QP series boom poles in both cabled and uncabled versions.
Length: 140 cm (4.59 ft)
Weight: 420 g (14.2 oz.)
Diameter: OD = 35 mm
Pivot clamp (QMJ35)
1. Unscrew the handnut from the QP 120 extension and slide it over the last segment of
your QP boom pole.
2. Take the POM compression ring off the QP 120 and slice it over the QP boom.
3. Slide the QP boom into the extension.
4. Seat the compression ring in position.
5. TAKE CARE THAT THE METAL PIN IS IN THE SLOT OF THE RING, OTHER
WISE IT WILL GET BENT AND DAMAGE THE COMPRPESSION RING AND
THE TREADS OF THE HANDNUT!
6. Screw on the handnut – done.
7. If wanted, you may mount a piece of velcro (supplied) around the foot of the QP boom
just above the metal end piece to make it fit tight and rattle free. Clean the surface free
of fat or dust before attaching the self-adhesive velcro.