DPA SC 4060-WM miniature omni microphone high-sensitivity white
NORMAL SPL (4060/4160/4660)
Well suited for capturing speech as a lavalier mic.
Can be used to close-mike a wide range of instruments.
The series was developed to withstand the toughest of conditions. They contain a 5.4 mm diameter pre-polarized condenser element with a vertical diaphragm. This unique, Double Vent Protection System makes the mics greatly resistant to humidity and sweat. These mics are also designed with a Kevlar-reinforced cable relief, which is built to withstand the constant twists, bends and pulls that are part of the everyday use in harsh environments.
The acoustic response of the d:screet™ 4060 Series can be modified by selecting the correct grid for the job. Two grids are supplied with each microphone (not the d:screet™ 4071, which includes a fixed grid). The pre-fitted Soft Boost Grid gives a 3 dB soft boost at 8-20 kHz. It should be used when the microphone is mounted on the performer’s head as well as in most other applications where you need a natural-sounding microphone. When fitted, the High Boost Grid introduces a 10 dB soft boost around 12 kHz for applications where the microphones chest-placement is preferred. Both of these grids are made of anodized stainless steel, giving a tough and scratch resistant surface. They can be detached from the microphone and cleaned of sweat, makeup, etc.
d:screet™ 4060 Miniature Omnidirectional Microphone, Normal SPL
This microphone is small in size, but mighty in flexibility. Due to its miniature size, it exhibits an exceptionally accurate omnidirectional pattern and therefore does not need to be aimed directly at the sound source to achieve quality pickup. The omnidirectional pattern also makes it less sensitive to handling noise as well as pop and wind noise.
We originally designed this microphone for use with wireless systems in theaters but today it is one of the most loved mics for television and film applications as well. It is especially suited for capturing speech in all of its nuances and can be used to close-mike a wide range of instruments. This microphone handles sound pressure levels up to 134 dB before clipping occurs. This mic is well suited for applications where the sound source is more remote or damped and you need to have a good balance signal versus noise.
The d:screet™ 4060 Miniature Omnidirectional Micropone, Normal SPL is available in four colors: black, brown, beige and white. An even more robust, heavy-duty version is also available.
- Directional pattern Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation Pressure
- Cartridge type Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ±2 dB Soft boost grid: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 3 dB soft boost at 8 - 20 kHz. High boost grid: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 10 dB boost at 12 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz 20 mV/Pa; -34 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted Typ. 23 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 26 dB(A))
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4 Typ. 35 dB (max. 38 dB)
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL) Typ. 71 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD) - Legacy < 1% THD up to 123 dB SPL peak; < 1% THD up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Total harmonic distortion (THD) - CORE < 1% THD up to 129 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range - Legacy Typ. 100 dB
- Dynamic range - CORE Typ. 106 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping 134 dB
- Output impedance 30 - 40 Ω
- Cable drive capability Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply (for full performance) For wireless systems: Min. 5 V - max. 50 V through DPA adapter. With DAD6001-BC/DAD6024/DAD4099: 48 V phantom power ±4 V for full performance
- Connector MicroDot
- Color Black, beige, brown or white
- Weight 7.5 g (0.26 oz) incl. Cable and MicroDot connector
- Microphone diameter 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
- Microphone length 12.7 mm (0.5 in)
- Cable length 1.8 m (5.9 ft)
- Polarity Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
- Temperature range -40°C to 45°C (-40°F to 113°F)
- Relative humidity (RH) Up to 90%