Sennheiser AMBEO ambisonic 360-degree virtual reality mic with 1.5m extension cable
Convey the true experience
Especially designed for 360° spatial audio recording, the easy-to-use AMBEO® VR Mic is an ambisonic microphone fitted with four matched KE 14 capsules in a tetrahedral arrangement. This special design allows you to capture the surrounding sound from one single point. As a result you get fully spherical ambisonics sound to match your VR video/spherical 360 content.
A jewel in your high-end VR sound chain
The AMBEO VR Mic is meant to work together with specialized high-end software and hardware. Ideal companions for the AMBEO VR Mic are, for example, field recorders like the Zoom F8, digital audio workstations like the Avid Pro Tools HD or the Cockos Reaper and binaural decoders e. g. from Noise Makers. Output is possible via HMD, VR Game Engine or 360° Social Media platforms.
Learn more about Sennheiser's Certified for AMBEO program.
Benefit from a design developed with you in mind
By means of the VR Creators Program Sennheiser made sure to involve the professionals of the industry in the realization of the AMBEO® VR Mic right from the beginning. Thus, we developed a comprehensive product package including many well-conceived accessories that allow for a smooth workflow ¬– not least the A-B encoder software that works as a plugin, which can be seamless embedded in your post-production process.
Ambisonics - Technology for you to shape the future of audio
Ambisonics is a multi-channel technique that lets you spherically capture the sound arriving from all directions, at a single point in space. For playback this representation is rendered binaurally, allowing you to virtually rotate the orientation of the perspective in all directions, horizontally and vertically.
Ambisonics is supported by all of the major post-production and playback tools on the market today. This makes ambisonics the appropriate tool for Virtual Reality and all other applications involving 3D sound. A tool to create new worlds of sound with.
AMBEO A-B format converter plugin
The capsules of the Sennheiser AMBEO VR Mic deliver A-format, a raw 4-channel output that has to be converted into a new set of 4 channels, the Ambisonics B-format. This is done by the specifically designed Sennheiser AMBEO A-B format converter plugin, which is available as free download for VST, AU and AAX format for your preferred Digital Audio Workstation for both PC and Mac. B-format is a W, X, Y, Z representation of the sound field around the microphone. W being the sum of all 4 capsules, whereas X, Y and Z are three virtual bi-directional microphone patterns representing front/back, left/right and up/down. Thus, any direction from the microphone can be auditioned by the listener during playback of Ambisonics B.
Enjoy peace of mind with Sennheiser quality
With its history of 70 years as a trusted and innovative company, developing top-notch professional microphones with high-quality capsules, you are entitled to expect a lot from the Sennheiser brand: reliable, robust German-engineered products. Rest assured: We deliver – and also provide excellent customer support as well as a 2-years warranty with every product.
- Dimensions 215 x 49/25 mm (L x D)
- Frequency response 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Max. sound pressure level 130 dB(A) for 1 kHz
- Transducer principle Pre-polarized condenser microphone
- Weight 1.060 kg
- Microphone connector DIN12M, use enclosed adapter cable to convert to 4x XLR3M Polarity: Pin1 (GND), Pin2 (+), Pin3 (-)
- Pick-up pattern 4x cardioid, in A-format arrangement (1: front-left-up [FLU], 2: front-right-down [FRD], 3: back-left-down [BLD], 4: back-right-up [BRU])
- Nominal impedance Approx. 200 Ω
- Min. terminating impedance 1000 Ω
- Storage temperature -20 °C to 70 °C (-4 °F to 158 °F)
- Operating temperature -10 °C to 55 °C (14 °F to 131 °F)
- Equivalent noise level 18 dB-A as per IEC 61672-1 / 27 dB CCIR as per CCIR 468-3
- Power supply 4x phantom powering (P48) as per IEC 61938 (48 ± 4 V), 3.5 mA each
- Sensitivity 31 mV/Pa (-30 dBV)
- Operating relative humidity Max 90% at 40 °C
- Matrix reference Center of the capsule holder
- Mixing to B-format W = FLU + FRD + BLD + BRU / X = FLU + FRD – BLD – BRU / Y = FLU – FRD + BLD – BRU / Z = FLU – FRD – BLD + BRU